Sunday, July 3, 2011

And here we are (Edited a whole bunch)

You know how it is when you sleep in a semi-unfamiliar place. You know the layout just enough to navigate the place, but aren't comfortable enough to say close the curtains? That's what's going on right now. I can't sleep due to the fact that there is about a 50-50 chance there is some sort of monster hiding just out of sight. I know it can see me with the curtains open, but that means that I can see it too. And who knows? Maybe it'll go berserk and kill me if I close the curtains. All I know is watching the planter sway in the wind out of the corner of my eye is making me believe that that 50-50 should read more like 75-25 in favor of a monster trying to kill me.

Edit: I went out to the garage (where my grandparents keep their soda and various other edible items I wanted) to grab me a soda, because I had just finished my mountain dew (could this have any correlation to my insomnia? I doubt it. I've spent the past ten years developing an immunity to iocane powder.) When I realized that the door from the garage itself to the rest of the house was not locked. Now, not only was it not locked, it was open a smidge. It doesn't have a real lock, only one of those chain locks. You know the ones that wouldn't keep anyone with a half decent kick out of the house. Well, I can only hope that those chains are protected against garage monsters (The infestations we have around these parts can get pretty bad this time of year) because that is the only thing keeping the garage monsters out. And now I don't have a pepsi.

Edit Edit: I read back over this post and realized how ridiculous I must sound. I do not actually believe in monsters, there's just little other way for me to describe the sudden terror that the dark brings me. The feeling that I am almost definitely about to get my head bitten off by some horrible abomination or something similarly fatal. Yes, I'm twenty years old and afraid of the dark. Yes I use my computer as a nightlight when I go to bed. Step off.

Edit Edit Edit: Alright. I'm hearing a weird banging noise I've never heard before from outside. Almost certainly going to die.

Edit Edit Edit Edit: Oh. The noise was just really loud thunder. I'm totally not about to die then, even if there are thunder and lightning monsters. I've got an earth elemental who totally owes me one.

No comments:

Post a Comment