Sunday, May 1, 2011

Frustration

Once upon a night before last I was introduced to a game called Yume Nikki. They told me it was quite frighting, and since I'm a sucker for scary games I figured I would check it out. So far, I am not impressed game. Not impressed at all.

I am somewhat technologically challenged. And by that it I mean it took me nearly five hours to get the damn thing running. I'm sure smarter people could do it faster, but I'm me and really only know how to browse the internet and use Word. And paint. Gotta love MS Paint. Anyway, after five hours of yelling at my computer trying to Google the answer (I do like how Google Chrome recognizes Google as a word.) I figured this game had best be fucking worth it.

I'm still not so sure. It's interesting. There's something unsettling about it, but I would be more weirded out if I understood what I was supposed to be doing. In the beginning of the game you're given some very simple instructions. Go to sleep, explore the dream world, wake up and save. Seems simple enough, except the dream world is pretty massive. Aside from the dream world replica of the bedroom there's twelve worlds to choose from.

I chose the green door, because it looked pleasant. It ended up sending me to a forest world, which would have been fine by me if not for the creepy totem-lookin-thing stalking me throughout the level. Seriously. That thing was weird as fuck. Anyway, I wandered around the forest for a while, and couldn't figure out what to do. Seriously, I have no idea what this game wants from me. There were these random spiked pillar-things. Standing between them changed stuff, and made a giraffe-woman attack me. I got stuck in a room of four squares and couldn't do anything. Then I figured out how to wake up and saved.

I'm gonna try again soon. I know I can figure this one out.

No comments:

Post a Comment