Friday, April 22, 2011

Music

Specifically Nightwish. I know I'm late to the Tarja vs Anette debate, but I've got two copper-based representation of the smallest unit of US currency to put into that particular piggy bank, and then I'll move on. I've got no particular beef with Anette, she's a talented singer in her own right. Now that I've made this clear, I hate new Nightwish. This would not be so if they had changed the name of the band when the lead singer left. Call me a sucky music appreciate-y person, but as far as I'm concerned the lead singer really sets the sound of the music. Tarja sounds vastly different from Anette, the style of the music changed along with the singer. When I think Nightwish I think Nemo and I Wish I Had an Angel, not Amaranth. Again, I like Amaranth, but it doesn't strike me as a Nightwish song. That being said, Last of the Wilds is one of my favorite songs ever. Seriously.

Additionally, it doesn't matter what I'm doing, if a song I like comes on while I'm listening to Pandora or my iPod, I will stop and lip sync dramatically. This is non-negotiable. I get a lot of stares that way, but fuck those guys. They're just jealous they can't take part in my dramatic lip syncing. Well, they could. I'm all for people joining in, but they so rarely do. Oh well.

4 comments:

  1. A Nightwish fan who shares my opinion! Ohhai, consider yourself stalked by a geek of massive proportions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hah. Awesome. Welcome to my blog Quezzy. You mind if I call you Quezzy, cause I'm totally calling you that from now on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quezzy? Well... can't really stop you, can I?

    Short of divine retribution or pumping your veins full of venom but... let's not talk about that unpleasantness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heh. Divine retribution? Bring it on.

    ReplyDelete